On December 10th 2014, the school was visited by a team from Ofsted for a two day school inspection. The inspection team judged the school to be Outstanding.
Summary of Key Findings
- The headteacher and senior leaders provide the school with strong leadership and management. They have very high expectations of both staff
- Pupils reach exceptionally high levels in reading, writing, mathematics, punctuation, grammar and spelling by the time they leave Year 6.
- Pupils from all backgrounds work well together, resulting in a harmonious school community. Pupils say that they feel safe in school and are not worried about bullying. They have an excellent understanding of how to keep safe.
- The behaviour of pupils is outstanding. They are kind and helpful and like learning together. They enjoy being at school, attend regularly and are
punctual to lessons.
- Teaching is outstanding. Staff share leaders’ very high expectations of pupils. Lessons are skilfully planned to enthuse, motivate and engage pupils and to develop in them a love of learning.
- Teachers’ marking of pupils’ work is thorough, with clear guidance on what pupils need to do to improve their work. This makes a significant contribution to pupils’ exceptional rates of progress.
- The school has developed an excellent curriculum which is rich and varied. Pupils successfully learn to be responsible members of the school and the wider community.
- Pupils benefit from many stimulating and inspiring activities which promote their spiritual, moral, social and cultural development.
- The governing body strongly supports the school and challenges the school’s leaders when necessary. This has contributed to sustained improvements.