Our school council is 32 pupils who are elected to represent the views of all pupils and to improve their school.
Who We Are
What We Do
Each year, every class will elect 2 representatives a boy and a girl to be members of the school council.
The council will then meet to elect officers such as:
We are a good school council because we listen to and represent the views of our class and we get things done. We learn how to present an argument and bring about change to improve the school.
- We have regular meetings – every Wednesday morning
- We regularly report back to our class
- We look at democracy in action when we visit City Hall and Parliament
- We read all ideas put into the School Council suggestion box.
Make A Difference
We don’t just talk we get things done.
- We think of others and run successful fund raising campaigns for charities including: Sport Relief; Children in Need and Comic Relief.
- Each year we enter the Speaker’s School Council Award.
- We entered the national competition Lights, Camera, Parliament which was based on law making in the UK.
- Successfully created and run a healthy tuckshop every Friday break time.
- We arranged for guest speakers to learn about democracy and government including our local MP, Right Honourable Iain Duncan Smith.