In order to implement our vision of a creative and inspirational school our curriculum is designed not only to include the requirements of the National Curriculum but also to inspire our children to love learning. We ensure that the children have a wide range of learning experiences, both in and outside of school that challenge, stimulate and promote thinking and learning.
The curriculum will help our children to:
- Develop thinking skills and the habits of independent learning and self-reflection
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Learn essential life skills
- Express themselves creatively
- Give children an understanding of their place in history and in the world
- Develop personal, moral and spiritual values, including respect for others through carefully taught values and the consistent implementation of the school ethos.
- Become active and responsible members of the community
- Promote community cohesion in local, national and global communities
- Promote children’s’ physical and mental development and to appreciate the need for a healthy lifestyle